Monday, May 16, 2016

Chitato Mi Goreng flavor



Indomie Mi Goreng is world-famous and critically-acclaimed to be one of the tastiest instant noodle. Mainly produced in Indonesia, it is loved by locals who often would pack a few whenever travelling and those who living abroad would go as far as importing or smuggling through friends.

Few months ago, Chitato, a potato chip brand under the same manufacturer of Indomie, suddenly announced new flavor and it's everyone's favorite Indomie Mi Goreng. It caused quite an uproar back then and the stock rarely available as people kept buying them. There were mixed reviews; some says it's too spicy, tastes nothing like Indomie Mi Goreng at all, or they got addicted. Things have calmed down so we'll find out if it really worth all the hype or a failed epic mash-up.



Review:
Upon opening, the smell of mi goreng is out to my room. I gave a few sniff, picking the fragrance of fried shallots, chicken powder, and a bit of kecap manis. So far it's promising.

The bite of truth.
It's spicy. I didn't expect it to contain chili powder; must be to represent the chili sauce in the original Mi Goreng. Few munches later, I can confirm that this indeed tastes like Mi Goreng or better. Highly umami from chicken and garlic powder, contrasting sweetness from kecap manis and touch of heat from chili powder. Flavorful yet not sickening like other Chitato's flavor. The chips itself got a nice crunch. I think this might be my favorite Chitato flavor, other than the Plain Salt flavor. Now I know why people went as far as buying it in bulks. It's just THAT addictive.

Actually, this is quite amazing. It's been hours since I finished the bag yet my room is still smelling like Mi Goreng. I guess you know what I'm going to eat for my next meal.

Well, what do you say? Are you with me or do you think my review doesn't do enough justice to the product? Write away your thought in the comment.
See you at the next review.

Manufacturer: PT Indofood Fritolay Makmur
Price range: 8000 rupiah (Based on where I bought it. Your area might has them under different price.)
Net weight: 55 gram.
Worth to buy? Yes.
Who'll love this: Indomie Mi Goreng and MSG addict..
You'll also like: Indomie Mi Goreng.

No comments:

Post a Comment